Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day Sixteen

"Friends are forever, boys are whatever". A quote I used so often on one friend, and a quote that didn't stand to be true.

Jennifer Elizabeth Brooks
In 1995, I met the girl that was supposed to be my 'best friend forever', no matter what happened. I was three years old, and never knew the true meaning of friendship. She was there through everything, she sort of had to be, being friends for 13 years means being through it all. She was there during my 'first crush', my 'first love', my 'first heartbreak' and she was my 'first best friend'

You can't just put away the memories, and let everything slide by, and I was not about to compromise. I never expected to go through what we have in the past year, our friendship was too special, and meant too much for me for that, but sometimes you've got to let go and move on, and I had no other choice

I was left to choose friends, left to decide, and make whatever desicion I felt right. I knew choosing friends wouldn't be easy, and I know that I shouldn't of chose friends, and I should of let it be, but I couldn't just leave it.

The hardest choice I ever made was between two friends, I do not regret the choice I made, but I do regret butting Jen out of my life, I won't ever forgive myself for getting rid of Jen. Jen, you've done so much for me, you've been here every step of the way, even when we were fighting, if I truly needed you, you were there. You're supportive of [most] decisions I make, and you make me laugh when tears are running down my face. I couldn't picture my life without you, or your influence on my life, you literally mean the world to me.

No matter what happens Jen, I won't ever give up on this friendship not fully, you mean too much to me for this. I won't give up , on us. I won't let boys ever get in the way again, that has happened too often. I won't stop the random walks, talking about whatever comes to mind. I won't stop laughing or smiling when I think of our many good times. I won't stop missing you, when we don't hang out, nor will I stop missing our past friendship, not now, not ever.

My first best friend, my last best friend, i love you to no end.

0 comments: