Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day Six.

I sat in church on this beautiful thanksgiving morning, I sat beside a woman I have known for a while and respect a lot. She has been there through a lot for all of us, she is not only my sunday school teacher, youth group leader, but she is someone I look up to and respect a lot. I sat there, and watched her slowly and quietly breakdown, a woman who has been through so much in her lifetime, and continues to, as a single mom to two young men, on autistic, a teacher, a youth group leader and a sunday school teacher, I don't know how she does it.

Carron Manning.
I remember many good times with Carron around, I remember youth first starting with Uncle Mike and Elsa, and Carron too. I was scared, I was used to youth one way and one way only, they were about to dramatically change this and I wasn't ready.

Carron has been my sunday school teacher for quite a few years now, I remember being upset with some of the ways she does her lessons, and not respecting her the way she deserved, not giving her my all, and wasting her time. I have put Carron through a lot, and that is a new realization to me. I've disrespected her, I've ignored her, and I have wasted her time, time and time again. I am now mature enough and old enough to admit my faults.

Carron goes out of her way for all of us, she does whatever she can, and she cares and loves us uncondionally. I know I would not be where I am with God, or with anyone, had Carron not been a part of my life.

I always knew she was strong, but watching her break down today made me realize the amounts of strength it must take just to live the life shes been given. I love you, Carron - thank-you, for not giving up on ME when I wanted nothing to do with what you were saying.

0 comments: