Friday, October 24, 2008

Day Eighteen.

I was so close to rock bottom, so close to giving up, so many times. I almost had, and probably would have by now, if I didn't have the support this woman provided. Although, just a job for her, she has saved me and my life. She has been there for me so many times when I needed someone to talk to and kindly reminded me how stupid some of my antics are, she is going to be my saving grace, I know it. I don't have words for my gratefulness I have towards her.


Marnie Grant,

My social worker. I remember her walking down the hall the first day, of my first appointment. I was so sick of sharing my story, and my problems. I had done it to so many people, so many times. It was getting old, and I didn't want to share it anymore. Being a niave 15 year old, I went into her office deciding I didn't want to get better, nor make it better. I didn't want to get help, I was fine. I was content with my feelings, regardless of how absolutely terrible they were.

I was scared, so scared. Scared to share everything with another person just for them to turn away. This was her job, she did it all day everyday, I wasn't anything special to her. My trust that I had in her, started when she said " I know, you've been to many people and many doctors, I know you've shared this many times, and I cheated, Dr.Masobki told me some of it, I won't make you go through it all again"

Marnie has helped me many times, through past situations, and present situations. She taught me how to deal with future situations too. She has showed me, I will be okay. Apointment after appointment, time after time, she has been there to help me go through lives daily struggles, and help me become the person I am almost proud of;

I appreciate you for all you've done Marnie. I know it was your job, and is your job, but you are a person I have utmost respect for, and I could never repay you for all that you have done for me. I love you, I really do.

0 comments: