Tuesday, June 3, 2008

my favourite part of the day.

I was at my old neighbours on the weekend, and she asked her kids what the favourite part of their day was. They simply answered with no thought put into it, it came out natural. She asked me, lastly, and I had NO idea. My day was boring, and fairly normal, so I didn't have anything. Jill was shocked I could not answer this at the speed her children did, which really got me thinking about it. I really should know this. Today I was out in the freezing cold at my brothers soccer game, stupid as I am, I went out in flip flops, capris and a jacket. I was freezing, and shivering. A lady beside us [on the other team I must add] saw this shaking and leant me her blanket. It showed strangers actually do care at times, and I really respected that. That was my favourite part of today, there Jill!! :P

2 comments:

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

Thats very nice of you!!!! Great answer....i have a hard time sometimes too and its almost always the smallest thing that makes the best part of the day!!!!!

Our Family! said...

Goodness, Miss Cait, I have really missed quite a bit of your blogs! I've been pretty busy lately and have only really blogged on Tuesdays. But, I really need to make myself do it, because I'm supposed to be doing this like a journal. Anyway, I love that you remembered the kind gesture, from the lady, who gave you her blanket to borrow. Like Jenn said, it really is, almost, always the smallest things that make the best part of the day. It definitely reminds you to take time to "smell the roses."

Love you -
Amy xoxo