Monday, June 16, 2008

Where did grade 10 go?!

I am sitting in my third last English class, wondering where the year went. I'm done all my work so I figured i'd blog, what else is there to do. I don't want to watch the movie, so i'll just do this, haha. I remember the first day of grade 10, like it was yesterday. Frankly, I remember the first day of grade NINE like it was yesterday. These past two years just flew by, literally. I don't know how I made it through, I am not smart - noooo. Not at all , so just knowing , I've almost somewhat successfully completed grade 10, is an amazing thing for myself. I remember first semester, I had photography first period. I was excited for that class, until I got in there realizing the only person I knew in there, was my arch-enemy Stephanie. Oh how I dreaded what was about to happen. Me and Steph were really good friends in grade nine, really close. I really liked her, and we were on the same soccer team, but then drama started and I could not stand the girl, for the life of me. She'd talk about me, and give me dirty looks, and even turn my own friends against me. She made second semester of grade nine really hard. Our last connection was in soccer during the summer, we played against each other, and I hit her REALLY hard. I hip checked her off the friggen field, :. I have NEVER done that before, I have never hurt someone so bad. I did feel guilty, I'm not heartless, but it felt so good at the same time, after she caused me all that emotional pain, I gave her some physical pain. Anyways, way off topic -- you could imagine my stress and fear seeing her after our last encounter did not go very well. I saw her and we said about five words which some how consisted of us saying "lets sit beside eachother" or something, it was sure an awkward first week, but now we're closer than we ever were in grade nine, so something good came out of all that bad; I had history next. I've never been a fan of history, I think its called "history" for a reason, because no one wants to hear about the 'history' , but I had a really good teacher who made it fun!. I had lunch, and then science. In science I was stuck with another girl who I didn't like, and no one else I knew. I was in an applied class [ lower level ] because I almost failed science last year, and its the first applied class I've ever taken, so I didn't know anyone. I saw this new girl, I'd never seen in the school before and I really wanted to get to know her, but was too shy to talk to her. I've kicked myself everyday since, me and Allie talked once and we became really close. She moved October 30th, and we started talking so late that we did not get a chance to properly know each other, and I could of changed that. She moved 72 hours away to another province and I miss her terribly. I had civics/careers fourth period, and man I hated the teacher. But that class allowed me and Kayla T to get close and start talking more, and I am really glad that happened, we had some good times in that class laughed a hell of a lot.

This semester was alot harder, but I was blessed to have Emma in three of my four classes, and some close friends in the one she wasn't in. I had some very good teachers this semester, too. I really liked my french teacher, and spanish teacher. I don't really mind my English teacher, shes alot nicer when you have her than when you don't really know her. Buuuuuut, my math class... I don't even know what to say about it. I would not of survived it without Kay and Steph. My teacher was rather interesting, and retiring this year so he didn't really give a damn in teaching, but I respect the fact he helped me get up from a pathetic 18 percent, to a passing 63 percent.

Although, I am very excited for summer to begin and school to end, I am going to miss this year. The friends, the classes, the teachers - a little bit of it all. I cannot believe I'm in grade eleven next year - i feel old ! :

2 comments:

Our Family! said...

I loved reading this. I am proud of how well you did. It's so nice that you took the time to reflect upon your year. You are really going to cherish the fact that you have blogged about so much -- great memories to look back on! I wish you the best of luck in Eleventh Grade (over here, in the states, we don't say, "grade eleven" -- I love how proper you Canadians are, at times! LOL!)!

Love you -
Amy xoxo

Caits; said...

Thank-you Amy!! LOL. Grade eleven, it sounds right... I don't know. :). I got this thing back today, its called the "literacy test" and we need to do it to pass grade 12, and a lot of people do not pass first attempt, and i got my sheet back today saying that I passed the literacy test :). So I am all set to pass grade 12!!!
Love you too!