Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Acceptance.

Accepting me, for me, has been a long and hard battle for me. One I have yet to conquer, yet to beat. I still have those same negative feelings towards myself. I always wonder, why can't I just love myself for the person I am? Tonight while thinking about this situation, I came up with the answer closest to what I see as the truth.

My whole life, my family has tried to accept me, and try to love me, for me. For all my flaws and imperfections, that continued appearing rapidly after the age 10. I don't think my family ever has truly accepted me, not all of me. Not the many imperfections, or the attitude that springs out of my mouth involuntarily, not the lack of love I tend to show.

I know my dad never grew up in a "lovey-dovey" home, so for him its "hard" to express love. I know it is hard for me, when I say "goodnight I love you" and he responds with just "goodnight". If theres one thing I want my dad to know before the day that either of us leave this earth, he was my ultimate role model, and i love him so much.

When I am not often reminded that my family loves me, or is proud of me, or even accepts me , and all of me, then it makes me feel worthless. If my own family isn't going to love me, who will? Those questions run through my head, the feelings, and I go back to my usual way of thinking, and total lack of respect to myself. Oh, gotta love being a teenager.

2 comments:

Our Family! said...

You wrote, "If my own family isn't going to love me, who will?" I have the answer ... Jesus will, I will, Jessica will, Suzi will, YOU will, your closest friends will! Cait, you have so many people who love you.

I found it interesting to know that your Dad did not come from a lovey-dovey home. I didn't know that before now. That is the answer right there, sweet girl! He has such a hard time showing his feelings. I know that he loves you. Just remember that it doesn't come natural to him.

I love you, Cait! Keep that beautiful head held high!!! This too, shall pass!!

Love,
Amy xoxo

Caits; said...

Its hard when that my dad cannot express his "feelings toward me" i know it sounds like we're dating, but my daddy means more than anything to me in this whole world. and it makes me sad, that i dont know if its the same for him.

I love you Amy
the insight you bring to my blogs is wonderful
and leaves me with a smile on my face.