Saturday, September 5, 2009

F o u r t e e n.

September 5th, 1995 - I was five days short of being three and did not have a care in the world. I was an only child, and an angel in my parents eyes - nothing mattered, does it ever when you're three?

I attended a neighbors birthday party that would forever have an impact on my life.

Jennifer Elizabeth Brooks.

Can you believe it? I was two, you were four, we had just met - could you ever have imagined we'd be friends at almost seventeen & eighteen? At age seventeen, I am able to say I have had the same best friend for fourteen years, that is a rare fact in our age and society, as people move on and get new friends like nothing else.

I cannot believe after all we've been through, all the fights, drama, tension, bad times, long nights, tears, anger, betrayal, lies, everything - we're still here, we're still standing, you're still my very best friend.

Jen if its up to me, I promise, I will be by your side on your wedding day, I will be in the waiting room as you deliver your pride and joy, I will hold your hand during the hard times, and hug you tight when you need it.

We have made it too far to give in, too long to give up, and we're too close to end it. No matter what happens, changes, or doesn't happen; You're my B E S T friend, always.

I love you to the ends of this earth.
You're more than my friend,
you're my big sister.

0 comments: