Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Encouraged,

I went to my first prayer meeting this evening at the church I have been attending for six years. It was a group of eight of us, ranging from young [15] & old [80's] - but our age was the least of the matters.

Courtice Baptist is a huge part of my life and has been a huge part of my life, my growing up, my teen years, my high school education, my EVERYTHING. From youth group, to Sunday school, to kids club and junior church, nursery, baby showers & weddings, wakes and mourning, I've been through it all in that church, & tonight again I felt like a family.

Pastor Jon, Marjorie, Rachel, Carron, Les, Ed, Vanda & I attended prayer meeting tonight, most of them regularly do, but me and Rachel completely new to the experience. One of the most amazing feelings for me, is be prayed for. To me, that equals being loved, and being cared for, being important and meaningful. To hear your name being lifted up to the one and only amazing God, and to know He is listening to the every spoken word never seizes to amaze me.

Tonight one of the many and less important things being prayed for was the Christian group that Rach, Jenna, and I are currently trying to start at our school. It has been something that has been weighing on my heart since I first walked the halls of Bowmanville High, but there was no way I would EVER suggest it. With my leadership class came enough confidence that I can actually consider it, and decide to want to go through with it.

Tomorrow the three of us are going to talk to a teacher about supervising, as that is a requirement and then it is off to the principal. I won't lie, I am scared shitless to do this, to try and start something this big, valid, and important in our school. I know I am not doing it alone, I have my two girlies, a church praying for us, an impact group praying for us, a youth leader praying for us, and most importantly God watching over us, and smiling. I am going to try, for Him, for us, for all of those who are not lucky enough to have a church family, or a youth leader.

Teens Together For Christ;

We can and will do this. We have God on our side, and His vote is rated a lot higher than Ms.Grdovics!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things seem to be improving in your life. I am glad that you have a job, and going to church. I know that God will bless you richly. I hope one day you can put all your hurt and anger aside and realize your own self worth. I will always love you, and I miss you Caitling. God Bless.

Caits; said...

I try not too write too much of the negative, so improving may not be the right word - I guess it depends on the day.

I do have a job, and that is going well. I really do enjoy the money.

I've harbored a lot of anger and hatred for many different things and I am slowly working on it. It is a painful process, but necessary. I will always love you, and miss you too. I think about you often .. :[