Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day Twenty Six.

You were a good friend of mine, for sometime. I'm sure we still would be if you hadn't moved so far away from me. I knew you were only here for a while, but goodbye wasn't any easier - I still miss you..

Marines Perez

It was the first day of school, in grade eight we met. We instantly "hit it off" , Mr.Dewell forced me to sit beside you, and it was a good thing he did so. It was so much fun, trying to help you learn English, I remember talking to you was often a challenge, but one way or another, we always had a way to communicate.

Your first snow fall, was definately a hit in my life.. I remember, your eyes went huge, and you just wanted to catch one on your tounge. We were late for class that day I believe, you just wanted to sit out in the snow, and experience something Guatamala, did not offer you.

That day in December, the 15th to be exact, was the day to say goodbye. I knew it was coming, but didn't realize how quickly. All of a sudden, it was your last day. I was so sad. I walked home with you that day, and I remember us crying the whole way there. Also, standing at your door porch, hugging. It was goodbye, and you were flying out to Guatamala. I walked home alone crying the whole way, missing you like nothing else. That feeling still hasn't disappeared, and I hope, next time you come to Canada, you remember me, and we visit. I miss you and love you, Marines Perez!

0 comments: