Thursday, September 25, 2008

why don't you hit me when I'm down.

Yesterday, I went on a trip, to a camp, and it was amazing. I have so many pictures, but I am currently at school and haven't gotten a chance to load them since we were home late. We got there, and did a bunch of group games. I must let you know it was for my leadership class, so it was a very leadership based camp. The group games were fun, but what came next was even better. He asked us to line up, in alaphebetic order, WITHOUT talking, by MOM'S first names. So finally, we did it, and we were split in half. Me adn Emma were in different groups because my Moms name is Kelly, and hers is Tracey. So, my group, went to this little room. Where we were told a story, a fake story, but a funny one. It was about a place called Sablova or something. Sablova got in a fight, about shoe soles, and lollipops. And split into two groups, upper sablova and lower sablova, and we were upper. We had to make up a bunch of stuff, like when they sent three of their people to our group, and when they said the word "you" we were scared and had to run and hide. When they whispered, we'd cover our ears and say EARMUFFS, to be polite and not listen to their conversation. When they entered our "greeting" was ... "got your nose" and we'd steal their noses from them. Our national anthem was "icky bicky bocky, sablova, UPPPPPPER" the upper being high pitched. Well saying that we had to stick our head through our legs with our hands on our butts. It was a hilarious game, and we left the other group quite confused (:. It was hilarious, but the whole message of the game was to show diversity, because being a leadership group, we see and experience a lot of diversity in our school. Like, they thought it was weird, when we "stole" their noses, as we think many things are weird that people do in our school, but its their way of lives. It was an interesting way to show it but it made sense. We did many trust activities too, our teacher even tried this one. We had a rope type thing, I don't really know what it was, but we criss crossed it ten times, and someone laid on it. First, we had to rock them back and forth, and then throw them in the air. We dropped the first guy, which was partially my fault. He landed on my fingers, and it really hurt, and without thinking me and this other girl just let go, so it was our fault there, but he got back on and we did it again and it was fine! We did it to a bunch of other people too, but our teacher even trusted us to throw her up, which says a lot about her class, specially since we didn't drop her! LOL. I think she gained even more trust after that. We did this other activity, but it wasn't all that exciting and I have soo much more to write about, and I doubt anyone will read this as it is! We went to our next activity, with this girl with a really annoying voice! It was high ropes, and I am still, kicking myself over this activity, hence the name. High ropes, was about 20 feet in the air, if not more, and we had to climb a ladder, and then climb this things that went around and were about a foot away from each other. I was so scared, I was doing it in the dark almost and was just terrified. I got up the top of the ladder, and I'm like, I can't do it anymore. The guy that was watching us at this point,t hat was amazingly good looking, and saved my life, was like go one more step higher than you thought you could. I'm like, YEAH I'M THERE. He was like get to the platform. Oh my god, if you knew how scared I was you'd understand. I was shaking adn hanging on for dear life. I climbed up and around to the platform, and was done. He was like take the first step, So I did. But I couldn't push myself anymore. I am still regretting this and am thoroughly disapointed in my choice, because I really wanted to do it and didn't believe in myself enough to do so. He told me to lean back and he'd let me down. I'm 25 feet in the air, on this thing that swings, and hes telling me to lean back? I thought he was crazy! But, I did so, and slowly slid off the swing, and got off of the high ropes, I was near tears, just being so insanely angry at myself, for not finishing. I am still not over it, and am still so angry I did not do it, but I know, next time. I will definaltey do it! What a day I had. It was amazing, and I can't wait to post pictures later this evening.

0 comments: