Monday, September 29, 2008

Girls night.

I know I won't get through this without crying, so it's going to be a tough blog to type, just because I held most of it in tonight.

I'm part of a class, called SLiC, student leadership initating change. Clearly, we're trying to make this school a better place in this class, and change everyones view of our school, and atleast make it a bit exciting. Someone had the idea to have a p.j party with the grade nine girls! So they all come in their pjs, and we bring up many conversations. Having to do with self confidence, and many other things. Tonight, was the practise one to see how it would go, just with our slic class, there were about 12 girls, and our teacher. It was from 5-9, and consisted of much more than just talk and pizza. We did many activities, but the two that I will forever remember go like this. The one was we got a piece of paper, and had to fold it in three, we had to write our names on the front. She gave us six minutes, and for that six minutes we had to write STRAIGHT about stuff we like about ourselves. [Here come the tears, I warned you]. This was a hard activity for me. I could sit there for hours writing about stuff i DON'T like, but to actually express what I do like was not easy. I wrote a bunch of stuff and searched a bit deeper, inside me, to see what I liked. Once doing that, I realized a whole lot. I wrote for that whole six minutes and filled the inside up. We had to paper clip the sheet together, and pass it around and the class had to write something about us [ and now i'm bawling! ]. I got such amazing things on mine, that I tried soo hard not to cry while reading it , I was a wreck tonight. People said stuff like " so pretty and so amazing" and stuff like that, it just got to me, I never realized people though highly of me. I am definately keeping this paper for years to come, to read when I'm down. The other task that REALLY got to me, and most of the class was -- we had to bring something that meant something to us, and she made us explain why. One girl brought a picture of her and her dad who died when she was in grade five, another girl brought something from a funeral from a man that raised her and was practically like her dad. She started bawling explaining to us what he meant to her, and how hard it was to watch him be sick. That started the water falls, so many people cried. We had a group hug, and everything was amazing. But , that night, I won't soon forget. I feel closer to EVERYONE than ever before. We laughed, we cried, but most importantly, we made everlasting memories, and I love each and everyone of you. I'm soo appreciative of taking this class, its going to change my life. I know it.

0 comments: